REMINDER: BayPIGgies: April 26, 7:30pm (Google)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 26 05:05:01 CEST 2006

NOTE: Special date of WEDNESDAY April 26 at Google, usual time of 7:30pm

Please show up by 7:15 so we can start the meeting on time!

This does not change the usual May meeting on May 11 at Google; stay
tuned for an announcement of that.

Special meeting!  One of the lead developers of Django is in town!  Jacob
Kaplan-Moss will be talking about Django at Google.  He says he'll be
fine-tuning the talk until the last minute but plans to cover:

* How Django came into being -- a bit about the Journal-World, the
problems that Django was designed to solve, some bits about its
evolution, and a glance at how *we* use Django today.

* What writing Django apps look -- I'll show off some real code and
talk about each of the bits of Django's stack.  This'll be the bulk
of the talk.

* What's in store for the future of Django -- there's some awesome
community work going on, as well as some under-the-radar stuff we're
working on that I'll try to preview or at least talk about.

BayPIGgies meetings alternate between IronPort (San Bruno, California)
and Google (Mountain View, California).  For more information and
directions, see http://baypiggies.net/

Before the meeting, we sometimes meet at 6pm for dinner.  Discussion of
dinner plans is handled on the BayPIGgies mailing list.

Advance notice:  We have speakers for May.  We are currently setting up
the schedule for the rest of the year.  Please e-mail
baypiggies at python.org if you want to suggest an agenda (or volunteer to
give a presentation).

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours."  --Richard Bach