ANN: Urwid 0.9.6 - Console UI Library
ian at excess.org
Wed Aug 23 17:18:34 CEST 2006
Announcing Urwid 0.9.6
Urwid home page:
About this release:
This release improves Unicode support with Python < 2.4 and new features
were added to the tutorial and reference generation scripts.
The graph.py example program introduced in 0.9.5 should now work
properly for everyone. Please let me know if you have any trouble with it.
New in this release:
- Fixed Unicode conversion and locale issues when using Urwid with
Python < 2.4. The graph.py example program should now work
properly with older versions of Python.
- The docgen_tutorial.py script can now write out the tutorial
example programs as individual files.
- Updated reference documentation table of contents to show which
widgets are flow and/or box widgets.
- Columns.set_focus(..) will now accept an integer or a widget as
- Added detection for rxvt's HOME and END escape sequences.
- Added support for setuptools (improved distutils).
Urwid is a console UI library for Python. It features fluid interface
resizing, UTF-8 support, multiple text layouts, simple attribute markup,
powerful scrolling list boxes and flexible interface design.
Urwid is released under the GNU LGPL.
More information about the Python-announce-list