ANNOUNCE: kiwi 1.9.9
jdahlin at async.com.br
Wed Aug 23 21:31:51 CEST 2006
Kiwi is a PyGTK framework for building graphical applications loosely
based on MVC Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Allen Holub's Visual proxy
. Think of Kiwi as a high-level, object-oriented layer built on
Its design is based on real-world experience using PyGTK to develop
large desktop applications, which use many concepts common to most
graphical applications: multiple windows and dialogs, forms, data
persistence, lists and high-level classes that support domain objects
Grab the latest sources from:
What's new since 1.9.8?
- KiwiEntry improvements (Johan, Patrick, Ronaldo)
- Win32 installation fixes for Gazpacho & Kiwi (Johan)
- DateEntry fixes (Ronaldo, Johan)
- DateEntry win32 support (Aaron Spike)
- Logging improvements (Johan)
- Datatypes refactoring and improved Gazpacho integration (Ronaldo)
- Add UI tests (Johan)
- Bugs fixes:
#2535: entry needs exceptions that don't fail (Patrick O'Brien)
#2545: DateEntry calendar popup doesn't hide correctly (Ronaldo)
#2562: Falha na exibição de valores do tipo "currency"
#2610: [Patch] Remove unnecessary on_column__clicked handler
#2611: Adding a sortable keyword to objectlist (Dave Cook)
#2612: [Patch] objectlist.refresh() fix and optimization (Dave Cook)
#2632: Problems with datatype currency when the language ...
#2654: Decimal precision is removed when pickling (Ronaldo)
#2656: ComboEntry's clear() is missing (Ronaldo)
#2681: Kiwi doesn't respect system colors after widget ...
(Johan, Gustavo Barberi)
#2682: Mandatory fields fails to validade if they state ...
#2685: Make it able to turn fading of invalid stateness to ...
#2697: Add a pixbuf data type (Johan, Ronaldo)
#2698: Add a ProxyButton (Johan, Henrique)
#2720: DateEntry breaks when set invalid. (Ali)
#2721: Missing locale specific date formatting information ...
(Aaron Spike, Johan)
#2758: Datatype converters should provide a get_mask method. (Ronaldo)
* An MVC-derived framework of classes:
* Views, which represent the graphical display
* Controllers, which handles user interaction with the widgets
in a View.
* Delegates, combines a View and a Controller.
* Models, which are special mixins for your domain objects
* Proxies, special types of Delegate designed to implement forms
* Validation: Kiwi supports validation on different levels:
data type validation and verification on the Model/Proxy level,
View validation and hooks for visually displaying validation state.
* ObjectList widget, which provides a higher level abstraction of
GtkTreeView and all its classes (GtkTreeModel, GtkTreeViewColumn,
GtkCellRenderer) with hooks to easily integrate into the
* Mask suport: You can set a mask on entries to force the input to
follow a certain standard, such as zip code, social security, ip address
* Gazpacho integration for most (non-deprecated) interactive
widgets with attributes for handling validation and proxy
* UI Testing framework
Features a recorder and a player. The recorder allows you to record
different tasks, a script will be saved which will reproduce the
actions you made in the interface.
* Kiwi Tasklets
Tasklet is a small coroutines framework written by Gustavo Carneiro,
it was previously known as gtasklets.
* PyGTK utilities, to make it easier to add signals and properties to
* i18n translation utilities, to help you translate PyGTK applications,
currently depends on gettext and intltool.
* and many other things!
Python 2.3 or higher (2.4 recommended) http://www.python.org/
PyGTK 2.6.0 or higher (2.8 recommended) http://www.pygtk.org/
gazpacho 0.6.5 (svn recommenced) http://gazpacho.sicem.biz/
Kiwi provides API documentation generated by epydoc, it can be found at
Included in the tarball are also a number of examples, which serves as a
good starting point. Keep in mind that most of them require gazpacho to
Christian Robottom Reis: Original author and design
Lorenzo Gil Sanchez: PyGTK 2.x port
Also thanks to the following people which has contributed features
or bug reports:
Ali Afshar, Gustavo Barbieri, Gustavo Carneiro, David M Cook,
Daniel Saran R. da Cunha, Patrick O'Brien, Ronaldo Maia, Evandro Vale
Miquelito, Henrique Romano, Sidnei da Silva, Aaron Spike
Report a bug http://bugs.async.com.br/enter_bug.cgi?product=Kiwi
API docs http://www.async.com.br/projects/kiwi/api/
Open bugs http://tinyurl.com/cyrms
Mail. list http://www.async.com.br/mailman/listinfo/kiwi/
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>
Async Open Source
More information about the Python-announce-list