Announce: omniORB 4.1.0 and omniORBpy 3.0
duncan-news at grisby.org
Wed Dec 6 11:37:57 CET 2006
I am pleased to announce that omniORB 4.1.0 and omniORBpy 3.0 are now
available. omniORB is a robust, high performance CORBA implementation
for C++; omniORBpy is a version for Python.
You can download them in source and Windows binary forms from
These are major new stable releases. The following is a summary of the
main new features:
- Objects by value support.
- Abstract interfaces support.
- New simpler and more efficient Any implementation.
- IPv6 support.
- Flexible endpoint publishing.
- New tracing options and more comprehensive logging.
- C++ mapping updated to version 1.1.
- New-style Python classes can now be used for servants and exception
(required for Python 2.5).
- Support for local interfaces (partial in Python)
- New more scalable socket collection implementation.
Many thanks to the people who have contributed to these releases by
testing the betas and release candidates, and by contributing features
-- Duncan Grisby --
-- duncan at grisby.org --
-- http://www.grisby.org --
More information about the Python-announce-list