new Python-Ideas mailing list

bcannon at gmail.com bcannon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 19:26:46 CET 2006

At Guido's suggestion, a new mailing list has been created named
Python-Ideas (http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-ideas).
This list is meant as a place for speculative, pie-in-the-sky language
design ideas to be discussed and honed to the point of practically
being a PEP before being presented to python-dev or python-3000.  This
allows both python-dev and python-3000 to focus more on implementation
work or final approval/denial of ideas instead of being flooded with
long threads where people discuss ideas that are too nebulous to be
considered for inclusion into Python.

Like python-dev and python-3000, Python-Ideas requires you subscribe
before you can post, but there is no moderator approval required to
subscribe.  If you are interested in helping me out by being an
administrator or moderator for the list, please let me know.

-Brett