ANN: unicode 0.4.9

garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Sun Jan 1 11:47:26 CET 2006

unicode is a simple python command line utility that
displays properties for a given unicode character, or searches
unicode database for a given name.

It was written with Linux in mind, but should work
almost everywhere (including MS Windows and MacOSX),
UTF-8 console is recommended.

Changes since previous versions:

  * better directional overriding for RTL characters
  * query wikipedia with -w switch
  * better heuristics guessing argument type