Philadelphia Python Users Group Meeting Tuesday 31st

Andrew Gwozdziewycz apgwoz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:32:48 CET 2006

David Keeney (http://pitchersduel.iuplog.com) will be giving a talk
about SPyRE at Drexel University in Philadelphia on Tuesday January
31st.

 From his blog:

"The date and time:
January 31, 2006 7:00 PM

I expect the talk to run an hour to 90 minutes, depending on how much
fun it turns out to be.

The place:

"""
We have Hill Seminar Room (Lebow 240) at Drexel on Tuesday evening 31
Jan. This is in the Lebow Engineering building at the corner of 31st
and Market (where the freight railroad overpass is). Roughly, go into
the building, go to the second floor, and try to get as close as you
can to the corner of 31st and Market.
"""

The topic:

SPyRE is a Simple Pythonic Rendering Engine for OpenGL 3d graphics. I
will be discussing primarily OpenGL/PyOpenGL, with some discussion
and examples using SPyRE, and talking about those aspects of PyGame
which are useful with OpenGL graphical programs. I hope to keep it
informative to people with little or no experience in PyGame or
PyOpenGL.

Hopefully, we will spend a little time as well discussing various
plans and prospects for Philadelphia's PUG. This is only the second
meeting, so lots of things are undecided with respect to group goals
and purpose."

---
Andrew Gwozdziewycz
apgwoz at gmail.com