ANN : Karrigell 2.3

Pierre Quentel quentel.pierre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 24 10:14:14 CEST 2006

Karrigell (http://karrigell.sourceforge.net) is a flexible Python web
framework, with a clear and intuitive syntax. It is independant from
any database, ORM or templating engine, and lets the programmer choose
between a variety of coding styles

The main change in version 2.3 is that buzhug
(http://buzhug.sourceforge.net) becomes the default database engine
instead of KirbyBase. I rewrote all the demos with it ; the forum demo
has been improved, with the ability to remove messages and a nicer look

The other important change is the replacement of gettext by a much
simpler module (called k_translation) ; I wrote it because I still had
problems with unicode and wasn't able to solve them with gettext and
its .po and .mo files. The interface is the same (use of the _()
function, or <%_ %> in PIH scripts) but the translations themselves
will have to be entered again using the script admin/internat.pih

Feedback and comments are welcome on the Google group
http://groups.google.com/group/karrigell?lnk=li

Pierre