ANN: 4 New ShowMeDo.com Videos (PyDev+Extensions, pyWinAuto, Nosey)

Ian Ozsvald ian at showmedo.com
Thu May 25 21:45:57 CEST 2006

At http://ShowMeDo.com we have 4 new Python videos:

Fabio Zadrozny Introduces PyDev and PyDev Extensions:

http://showmedo.com/videoListPage?listKey=PyDevEclipseList

and Jeff Winkler introduces PyWinAuto and the nosey test tool:

http://showmedo.com/videoListPage?listKey=MiscellaneousPythonList

making a total of 32 ShowMeDo videos, mostly about Python, all free.

Detail:

Fabio introduces the PyDev development environment which transforms

the Eclipse framework into a powerful Python IDE.  Fabio's PyDev

Extensions further extend the capabilities of PyDev.

Jeff demonstrates the PyWinAuto Win32 automation tool, showing how

to interact with NotePad by altering the font settings and

automatically entering text.

Jeff also shows the Nose testing framework and his Nosey extension

which automatically runs Nose tests.

We have are 21 requests for new ShowMeDos:

http://showmedo.com/requests

Please feel free to vote for the videos you would like to see.

Some of the requests include introductions to

matplotlib, wxGlade, Python bug hunting and py2exe.

Please get in touch if we are missing a topic that ought to be included

and we will do our best to have new ShowMeDos made!

If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and experience with

the Python community, please get in touch and we will help you to make

your own ShowMeDos.  I for one would love to see a

'Python Bug Hunting' video.

We are keen to encourage feedback within the site, to help people

share their hard-won knowledge.  To that end we have added a forum:

http://forums.showmedo.com

and we are developing a commentary system for each video page that will

look very similar to comments on blogs.

About ShowMeDo.com:

Free videos (we call them ShowMeDos) showing you how to do things.

The videos are made by us and our users, for everyone.

The founders,

Ian Ozsvald, Kyran Dale

----
ian at ShowMeDo.com