TurboGears 1.0b1 released!
dangoor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 02:48:18 CEST 2006
I am pleased to announce TurboGears 1.0b1, which now supersedes the
0.8.9 release as the preferred TurboGears release. Many people have
been using the TurboGears 0.9x releases for several months now and
have been very happy with the results. The 1.0 APIs are stable and
we're focused on bugs and docs for the final 1.0 release. This is a
bugfix release over 0.9a9.
What is TurboGears?
TurboGears is a popular rapid web development megaframework, built
from a number of great Python projects and with a bunch of high-level
features built within the TurboGears project.
TurboGears is a front-to-back framework helping you on the front end
controller in the middle (based on CherryPy) and an object-relational
mapper for your database (SQLObject).
To that mix of projects, TG adds:
* Internationalization: Tools and APIs to help you localize the
strings in your application.
* Identity: Authentication and authorization made easy
* Toolbox: a web-based GUI to help you work on your project (write
your own as well!) Includes CatWalk to help you work with your
database data and Model Designer to help you design your database
* tg-admin: command line tool that gives you a quick start to your
project, helps you set up your database and more!
* Easy Ajax: flexible template support allows you to choose a
different template engine (output HTML, JSON, plain text, etc. all
from one method)
* Built-in database transactions: keeps your database (and you!)
sane. Transactions are committed or rolled back based on the success
or failure of your controller code.
* flexibility as needed: though Kid and SQLObject are the standards,
we already support many other template engines (Cheetah, Markup,
Django) and the powerful SQLAlchemy object-relational mapper.
* community: last but definitely not least -- more than 2,000 users
on the main mailing list, and others on non-English mailing lists
In short, there are lots of tools to help you get the job done quickly.
What's New Since 0.8
Nearly everything. All of the projects that TG uses have had
significant upgrades, and nearly all of the features that have been
built by TurboGears contributors are new.
Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears
TurboGears / Zesty News
email: kid at blazingthings.com
More information about the Python-announce-list