ANN: SQLObject 0.7.1rc1
phd at phd.pp.ru
Fri Sep 8 21:42:26 CEST 2006
I'm pleased to announce the 0.7.1rc1 release of SQLObject.
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are
described as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject
is meant to be easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and
Firebird. It also has newly added support for Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB
(also known as SAPDB).
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
Features & Interface
* Added support for psycopg2 and MSSQL.
* Added TimeCol.
* Implemented RLIKE (regular expression LIKE).
* Select over RelatedJoin.
* SQLite foreign keys.
* Postgres DB URIs with a non-default path to unix socket.
* Allow the use of foreign keys in selects.
* Implemented addColumn() for SQLite.
* With PySQLite2 use encode()/decode() from PySQLite1 for BLOBCol if available; else use base64.
* Fixed a longstanding problem with UnicodeCol - at last you can use unicode
strings in .select() and .selectBy() queries. There are some limitations,
* Cull patch (clear cache).
* .destroySelf() inside a transaction.
* Synchronize main connection cache during transaction commit.
* Ordering joins with NULLs.
* Fixed bugs with plain/non-plain setters.
* Lots of other bug fixes.
For a more complete list, please see the news:
Oleg Broytmann http://phd.pp.ru/ phd at phd.pp.ru
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
More information about the Python-announce-list