[ANN] logilab-common 0.19.2
sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 26 11:09:58 CEST 2006
Hi there !
I'm pleased to announce the 0.19.2 release of Logilab common package.
This release include some bug fixes and have tests passing from python 2.3
to python 2.5 :). You may be surprised by the version number since we have
been missing public annoucements recently. To quote Alexandre, we got a bit
sloppy in the public part of our release process, and the mails did not
fly... Hopefuly we'll be better on this in a near future. Take a look at
the change log to get information about what's changed in the recent
What's new ?
- fixed a bug in find_test making it returns some bad test names
- new assertIsInstance method on TestCase
* optik_ext: make it works if mx.DateTime is not installed, in which case
the date type option won't be available
* test fixes
What is common ?
logilab-common is a collection of low-level Python packages and modules,
designed to ease:
* handling command line options and configuration files
* writing interactive command line tools
* manipulation files and character strings
* interfacing to OmniORB
* generating of SQL queries
* running unit tests
* manipulating tree structures
* accessing RDBMS (currently postgreSQL, mysql and sqlite)
* generating text and HTML reports
LOGILAB provides services in the fields of XML techniques and advanced
computing (implementation of intelligent agents, knowledge management,
natural language processing, statistical analysis, data mining, etc.),
and also trainings on Python, XML, UML, Object Oriented design, design
patterns use and other cutting edge topics. To know more about
Logilab, visit http://www.logilab.com/.
Logilab is also a strong supporter of the Free Software movement, and an
active member of the Python and Debian communities. Logilab's open
source projects can be found on http://www.logilab.org/.
Sylvain Thénault LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Formations Python, Zope, Plone, Debian: http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure: http://www.logilab.fr/services
Python et calcul scientifique: http://www.logilab.fr/science
More information about the Python-announce-list