ANN: Python IDE PyScripter version 1.8.5 released
pyscripter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:41:42 CEST 2007
PyScripter is a free and open-source Python Integrated Development
Environment (IDE) created with the ambition to become competitive in
functionality with commercial Windows-based IDEs available for other
languages. Being built in a compiled language is rather snappier than
some of the other Python IDEs and provides an extensive blend of
features that make it a productive Python development environment.
PyScripter (1.8.5 - unofficial release) is now available at
The main improvements compared to the last official release are:
- Remote interpreter and debugging
- Windows Vista compatibility
- Easier use with moveable (unregistered) Python installations
There are tens of other new features and bug fixes. See the full
history for more information.
Please note that to use remote debugging you need to download and
install the Python package Rpyc (http://rpyc.sf.net) version 2.6
available for download at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=155578.
However this is optional and you can still use PyScripter as you did
with earlier versions.
For more information have a look at the following pages (the first one
is essential reading):
* Remote Interpreter and Debugger (http://
* Using matplotlib with PyScripter (http://
* Debugging django applications with PyScripter (http://
* Using PyScripter with Portable Python (http://
More information about the Python-announce-list