Jython 2.2 RC3 is available
charlie.groves at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:29:28 CEST 2007
The Jython development team is pleased to announce that Jython 2.2rc3
is available for download:
See http://jython.org/Project/installation.html for installation
A few new pieces of functionality have been added since 2.2rc2:
- Added telnetlib from CPython
- Added cpython_compatible_select to select. See
http://wiki.python.org/jython/SelectModule for information on when to
- Several more java.nio exceptions are mapped to their
corresponding Python error codes when thrown.
The following bugs are also fixed in this release:
- recv on closed sockets threw an exception instead returning the
- A PySystemState being garbage collected caused System.out and
System.in to be closed. This would cause 'print' to stop working.
- Closing a FileWrapper on a socket closes its underlying socket
- Sockets just have their [In|Out]putStreams closed instead of
being properly shutdown by shutdown()
- SO_REUSEADDR is reset on sockets from a server socket's accept
call causing later binds to the server socket's port to fail.
- Client sockets that have bind called before connect don't
- execfile() throws a NullPointerException in the interactive console
More information about the Python-announce-list