[ANN] ConfigObj 4.4.0 and Validate 0.2.3
fuzzyman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:11:08 CET 2007
Updated versions of both `ConfigObj <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/
python/configobj.html>`_ and `Validate <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/
python/validate.html>`_ are now available.
* `ConfigObj 4.4.0 <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/cgi-bin/voidspace/
* `Validate 0.2.3 <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/cgi-bin/voidspace/
**ConfigObj** is a Python module for the simple reading and writing of
config files. It has many features, whilst remaining easy to use.
With the assistance of **Validate** it can validate a config file
against a specification, and convert members to the expected type.
Thanks to Nicola Larosa who implemented most of the fixes in this
What is New in ConfigObj 4.4.0?
* Made the import of compiler conditional so that ConfigObj can be
used with IronPython.
* Fix for Python 2.5 compatibility.
* String interpolation will now check the current section before
checking DEFAULT sections. Based on a patch by Robin Munn.
* Added Template-style interpolation, with tests, based on a patch by
* Allowed arbitrary indentation in the ``indent_type`` parameter.
* Fixed Sourceforge bug #1523975 by adding the missing ``self``
What is New in Validate 0.2.3?
Fixed validate doc to talk of boolean instead of bool; changed the
``is_bool`` function to ``is_boolean`` (Sourceforge bug #1531525).
More information about the Python-announce-list