ANN: yolk 0.3.0
gentoodev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:20:32 CEST 2007
July 16, 2007 - 0.3.0 Release
Added -L and -C options for Cheese Shop's new XML-RPC methods
'changelog' and 'release_updates'
Added -F option to fetch source, egg or do a subversion checkout
Added 'svn' option for -T
Better package name list cache handling
What is yolk?
Yolk is a command-line tool for querying The Cheese Shop and your
installed Python packages.
Yolk is in the early stages of development but you may find it useful.
* Show which installed packages have newer versions available by querying PyPI
* List Python packages installed by distutils, setuptools, or easy_install
* Determine which packages are activated or not (--multi-version)
* Determine which packages are deployed in development mode
* Examine package metadata
* Show dependencies of packages installed by setuptools, if available
* Query PyPI for various package information using XML-RPC interface
* Examine entry maps and entry points for setuptools deployed Python packages
* Determine download URL or subversion checkout URL of a package
* Easily download source, egg or do a subversion checkout by simply
giving the package name
* Check latest releases on The Cheese Shop or detailed Cheese Shop ChangeLog
* Determine which pkgs were installed by distutils/setuptools or your
package manager (Gentoo only so far)
* And if none of that interests you, a little Red Leicester then, perhaps?
With Python<=2.3 yolk only lists installed packages if the setup.py
uses setuptools or if the package was installed via easy_install.
Users of Python>=2.5 get the whole enchillada.
Where can I get it?
'easy_install -U yolk'
yolk is available in Gentoo's portage system as 'dev-python/yolk'
yolk is Copyright 2007 Rob Cakebread, released under the terms of the GPL-2
More information about the Python-announce-list