ANN: PyQwt-5.0.1 released
gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu Jul 26 08:06:06 CEST 2007
What is PyQwt ( http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net ) ?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library which
extends the Qt framework with widgets for scientific and engineering
applications. It provides a widget to plot 2-dimensional data and
various widgets to display and control bounded or unbounded floating
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, Qwt, and optionally NumPy or SciPy
in a GUI Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, Mac OS X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
- it plots fast: displaying data with 100,000 points takes about 0.1 s
(PyQwt with Qt-3 is faster than with Qt-4).
- it is licensed under the GPL with an exception to allow dynamic linking
with non-free releases of Qt and PyQt.
The most important new features of PyQwt-5.0.1 are:
- support for Qt-4.3, SIP-4.7, and PyQt-4.3
- support for the N-D array interface specification
( http://numpy.scipy.org/array_interface.shtml ).
- the iqt module also supports an interactive Python session without the
help of the GNU readline module.
- PyQwt is now part of the PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.3 binary installer for Windows
( http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/PyQt4/GPL/ )
The most important bug fix in PyQwt-5.0.1 is:
- removal of a huge memory leak in the conversion from an array to a QImage.
1. Python-2.5, or -2.4.
3. PyQt-4.3, or PyQt-4.2.
3 SIP-4.7, or SIP-4.6.
4. Qt-3.3, or Qt-3.2.
5. Qt-4.3, or Qt-4.2.
6. Recent versions of NumPy, numarray, and/or Numeric.
Enjoy -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Python-announce-list