ANN: PyQwt-4.2.3 released
gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Fri Jul 27 07:24:18 CEST 2007
What is PyQwt ( http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net ) ?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library which
extends the Qt framework with widgets for scientific and engineering
applications. It provides a widget to plot 2-dimensional data and
various widgets to display and control bounded or unbounded floating
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt-3, Qt-3, Qwt-4.2, the Numerical Python
extensions (any combination of NumPy, numarray, and Numeric) and optionally
SciPy in a GUI Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, Mac OS X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
- PyQwt-4.2.3 can coexist with PyQwt-5.0.x (for Qt-3 and Qt-4)
This is a maintenance release with backports of the newest features in
PyQwt-5.0.1 to PyQwt-4.2.3. PyQwt-4.2.3 should not be used for new code.
New features and bug fixes in PyQwt-4.2.3 are:
- support for SIP-4.7, and PyQt-3.17.3.
- support for the N-D array interface specification
( http://numpy.scipy.org/array_interface.shtml ) allows to copy data out
of NumPy arrays without enabling support for NumPy during the compilation
- the iqt module also supports an interactive Python session without the
help of the GNU readline module.
- removal of a huge memory leak in the conversion from an array to a QImage.
1. Python-2.5.x, or -2.4.x.
3 SIP-4.7.x, or -4.6.x.
4. Qt-3.3.x, or -3.2.x.
Enjoy -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Python-announce-list