ANN: 5 New ShowMeDo videos - 'IPython' Interactive Shell

Ian Ozsvald ian at showmedo.com
Sat Jul 28 19:08:35 CEST 2007

Python shell) in 5 hands-on videos.
http://showmedo.com/videos/series?name=CnluURUTV

Detail:
This is a usage walkthru showing the use of the enhanced interactive
shell named IPython.  Topics covered include:

1) tab completion, namespace management, logging, the help system and
introspection

2) directory navigation, system shell commands and the running of
Python programs

3) input and output history caching, viewing and editing Python source
and the logging of your session.

4) debugging and profiling your code, then look at executing
long-running callables in background threads during your session.

5) session input filtering using an example of physics units for value
representation, and support for data visualization using matplotlib.

About ShowMeDo.com:
Free videos (we call them ShowMeDos) teaching you new skills.
The videos are made by us and our users, for everyone.  127 of our
327 videos are for Python:
http://showmedo.com/videos/python

We'd love to have more contributions - would you share what you know?
Start sharing your hard-won knowledge in just 30 minutes:
http://showmedo.com/submissionsForm

The founders,
Ian Ozsvald, Kyran Dale

--