Wing IDE for Python v. 3.0 beta1 released
info at wingware.com
Tue Jul 31 21:34:47 CEST 2007
I'm happy to announce the first beta release of Wing IDE 3.0. It is
available from http://wingware.com/wingide/beta
Wing IDE is a commercial IDE designed specifically for Python programmers.
More information about the product and free trials are available at
The major new features introduced in Wing 3.0 are:
* Multi-threaded debugger
* Debug value tooltips in editor, debug probe, and interactive shell
* Autocompletion in debug probe and interactive shell
* Automatically updating project directories
* Testing tool, currently supporting unittest derived tests (*)
* OS Commands tool for executing and interacting with external commands (*)
* Rewritten indentation analysis and conversion
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
The CHANGELOG.txt file in the installation provides additional details.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Please report bugs using the Submit Bug Report item in the Help menu or by
emailing support at wingware dot com. This is beta quality software that
installs side-by-side with Wing 2.x or 1.x. We advise you to make frequent
backups of your work when using any pre-release version of Wing IDE.
To upgrade a 2.x license or purchase a new 3.x license:
Any 2.x license sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost
1/2 normal price to upgrade.
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the Python-announce-list