DFW Pythoneers Meeting THIS Saturday

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Jun 20 07:20:18 CEST 2007

This Saturday we'll be holding our 4th Saturday meeting of the DFW Pythoneers,
at the usual location of Nerdbooks.com bookstore in Richardson.  For
directions, visit the Nerdbooks.com website.  We start at 2pm and run until
5pm, and then go out for a group dinner.

At this meeting one of our local members, Jeremy Dunck, will be giving us a
preview of a 60-minute advanced Django tutorial he is helping to give at OSCON
next month.  The advanced material will cover the unicode branch, signals and
either stateful views or gis branch.

Since many of our members are not experienced with Django, Jeremy will present
a 45-minute introduction to Django first, which will cover URLConf, views,
models and perhaps middleware.

---

By the way, I've been contacted by a developer at the Travelocity Dallas
office, who is looking for local Python developers with experience in Django
or Genshi.  If you're interested, let me know and I can put you in touch.

---

And just to give a heads-up for July, our own Patrick R. Michaud has agreed to
give our group a presentation on the status of support for Python in the
virtual machine, Parrot, underlying Perl 6 and many other languages.  For more
info, check out:

  http://www.parrotcode.org

Patrick will present to us on the 2nd Saturday of July, the 14th.  Patrick is
the author of PGE, the parrot/Perl6 Grammar engine and is also the Perl 6
compiler pumpking.

See you there!

Jeff Rush
DFW Pythoneers Organizer