Organizing Python Representation at OSCON 2007

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Jun 27 10:59:41 CEST 2007

OSCON 2007 in Portland, Oregon from July 23-27 is fast approaching.  This is a
professional conference that can give Python a lot of visibility in the IT
world and draws a different crowd from our community-run conferences like  PyCon.

There looks to be a good set of talks on the Python track, with several
positioned to promote the use of Python by telling its story:

   - Code Like a Pythonista: Idiomatic Python
   - SQLAlchemy: Taming ORM with Python
   - Super-sizing YouTube
   - How to Write a Killer Sugar Activity
   - Exploiting Multicore Capabilities from Python
   - Python 3000
   - Programming for Everybody: CP4E
   - Coding with Dynamic Confidence

There also is the opportunity to reach out by holding Python
birds-of-a-feather gatherings.  The Python community is a friendly group and
face-to-face contact is important to convey the human aspect of Python.  BoFs
can be scheduled by visiting the OSCON page:

   http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/58/bof.html

I will not be attending this year, so we need one or more who are willing to
step forward and loosely organize a bit.  Let's discuss this on the Python
advocacy mailing list and make it happen this year.