First version of qooxdoo json-rpc module has been released

Ferenczi Viktor python at cx.hu
Sun Mar 18 03:37:40 CET 2007

First release of JSON-RPC module for qooxdoo has been released.

qxjsonrpc is a new JSON-RPC backend for the qooxdoo JavaScript UI framework
( http://www.qooxdoo.org ). This module can be used to build server side
backends in python with very little effort.

Features:

- HTTP transport (GET and POST, including ScriptTransport)

- Build-in qooxdoo test server implementation for RPC_* tests

- Very fast JSON serialization through python-cjson-1.0.3x

Download and more information:
http://cx.hu/qxjsonrpc/

Simply running the module provides a qooxdoo test backend at: 127.0.0.1:8000

Example:

import qxjsonrpc

class MyService(object):
    def getPi(self, *args):
        print 'Called: getPi%r'%(args,)
        return 3.14159265365

server=qxjsonrpc.HTTPServer()
server.setService('myservice', MyService())
server.serve_forever()

NOTE: qxjsonrpc uses an enhanced version of the very fast
python-cjson 1.0.3  JSON library called python-cjson-1.0.3x.
You must install python-cjson-1.0.3x before using qxjsonrpc.
You can download it from:  http://cx.hu/python-cjson

NOTE: I haven't tested this backend with real qooxdoo components,
so it may not work properly in such situations. Please drop me a mail
about your success or failure. Thanx.

You can send bug reports to: python at cx.hu
(This is only a temporary solution for bug reporting, of course.)