itools 0.15.2 released
"J. David Ibáñez"
jdavid at itaapy.com
Thu Mar 22 14:52:46 CET 2007
itools 0.15.2 (2007/03/22)
itools is a Python library, it groups a number of packages into a single
meta-package for easier development and deployment:
itools.catalog itools.http itools.uri
itools.cms itools.i18n itools.vfs
itools.csv itools.ical itools.web
itools.datatypes itools.rss itools.workflow
itools.gettext itools.schemas itools.xhtml
itools.handlers itools.stl itools.xliff
itools.html itools.tmx itools.xml
This release brings tons of changes, many more than it is reasonable
to do for just a minor version bump.
- The speed of the iCalendar handler has been radically improved,
specifically for searches. We have added reverse indexes and now
the method "search" offers the same API as the CSV handler.
- A new module, "itools.i18n.locale", has been added to provide support
for locale information like dates.
- The database system for "itools.cms" has been re-worked. The code
is cleaner, faster and more robust.
- There have been major user interface improvements in "itools.cms".
Most notably, a drop-down menu has replaced the tabs. There is also
a new menu in the left column called "Main Menu", with links to the
most frequently used views.
Other improvements involve the folder's browse view (sort by size,
widget, which is multilingual now.
- The Wiki and Calendar objects of "itools.cms" have been improved.
The first has a new "export to PDF" feature and has a generally
better user interface. The second has an improved weekly view.
- A new object has been added to "itools.cms": Web-Site. Its intended
purpose is to be the root of a public (extranet) or private (intranet)
site; so a single "itools.cms" instance may host several web sites,
with a shared user database.
- The user management and control access interfaces of "itools.cms" have
been re-worked. And now we have two security policies: intranet or
Also, now users have the fields "firstname" and "lastname" (instead of
just one field for the fullname).
- The API of "itools.cms" has been tweaked to make easier several tasks,
most notably to define custom skins, to use the "table" widget, and
to validate forms.
- Luis Belmar Letelier helped fixing bugs;
- Hervé Cauwelier worked on "itools.cms" (Wiki, CSS), got the API of
"itools.web" working as documented, and fixed bugs;
- Nicolas Deram worked on "itools.ical", "itools.cms.ical", and fixed
- J. David Ibáñez worked on the user interface of "itools.cms" and
the related programming interface, on the performance of "itools.ical"
and fixed bugs.
J. David Ibáñez
Itaapy <http://www.itaapy.com> Tel +33 (0)1 42 23 67 45
9 rue Darwin, 75018 Paris Fax +33 (0)1 53 28 27 88
More information about the Python-announce-list