multitask 0.1.0: Cooperative multitasking and asynchronous I/O using generators

Christopher Stawarz cstawarz at csail.mit.edu
Thu May 24 04:29:46 CEST 2007

I'd like to announce the first release of multitask, a module that
allows Python programs to use generators to perform cooperative
multitasking and asynchronous I/O.  The basic structure of the module
was inspired by the Trampoline class outlined in PEP 342, but it also
includes support for I/O operations (using a common select() loop a la
Twisted), communication between tasks via queues, sleeping, and
timeouts on blocking operations.

For a bit more information and some basic examples, see:

   http://o2s.csail.mit.edu/o2s-wiki/multitask

The package source includes more comprehensive documentation (in the
module's doc strings), as well as a few example scripts.  It can be
download from:

   http://o2s.csail.mit.edu/download/multitask/

Questions, comments, and bug reports are welcome.

Cheers,
Chris Stawarz