update of scalar package

uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 29 08:12:12 CEST 2007

I just released version 1.3 of my scalar package in Python. This
package implements scalar physical units (meters, seconds, feet,
degrees, etc.). It eliminates unit errors, a common source of bugs in
engineering and scientific applications.

The entire SI (metric) system is implemented, plus many other common
units. You can also easily define your own smaller set of units for
specific applications or domains.

The advantage of my implementation over others, I believe, is that it
allows the user to easily switch off the unit checks for efficient
production runs. This speeds up the processing dramatically (by well
over an order of magnitude), making it virtually as efficient as using
built-in numeric types (without changing the output, of course).

It's free, and it comes with a complete user guide (in both pdf and
html). Take a look at it. I think you'll like it.

I think it's well written, but I would also be interested in any
feedback on code quality from Python experts.

You can get it at

http://RussP.us/scalar.htm