anthony.tuininga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 04:17:03 CEST 2007
What is cx_OracleDBATools?
cx_OracleDBATools is a set of Python scripts that handle Oracle DBA
tasks in a cross platform manner. These scripts are intended to work the
same way on all platforms and hide the complexities involved in managing
Oracle databases, especially on Windows. Binaries are provided for those
who do not have a Python installation.
Where do I get it?
1) Changed backup and restore to use RMAN which allows for backups
while the database is running. The backup utility can now create
directories, uncompressed tar files or tar files compressed with
either gzip or bzip2 as desired. Server parameter files (spfiles) and
password files are now backed up correctly.
2) Added support for Oracle 11g.
3) On Windows, configuration is now read from the service directly and
the situation where the database is configured to start when the
service starts is now handled correctly.
4) Created build configuration script using the new version of
cx_Freeze which allows for building installer images on Windows and
RPM packages on Linux.
5) Added documentation.
6) The cx_Logging module is now used for all logging instead of simply
being printed to stdout or stderr.
More information about the Python-announce-list