ANN: Pygments 0.9 "Herbstzeitlose" released

Georg Brandl georg at python.org
Sun Oct 14 22:57:29 CEST 2007

I've just uploaded the Pygments 0.9 packages to CheeseShop. Pygments is a
generic syntax highlighter written in Python.

Download it from <http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/Pygments>, or
look at the demonstration at <http://pygments.org/demo>.

Highlights in this release are:

- Lexers added:

  * Erlang
  * ActionScript
  * Literate Haskell
  * Common Lisp
  * Various assembly languages
  * Gettext catalogs
  * Squid configuration
  * Debian control files
  * MySQL-style SQL
  * MOOCode

- Lexers improved:

  * Greatly improved the Haskell and OCaml lexers.
  * Improved the Bash lexer's handling of nested constructs.
  * The C# and Java lexers exhibited abysmal performance with some
    input code; this should now be fixed.
  * The IRC logs lexer is now able to colorize weechat logs too.
  * The Lua lexer now recognizes multi-line comments.
  * Fixed bugs in the D and MiniD lexer.

- The encoding handling of the command line mode (pygmentize) was
  enhanced. You shouldn't get UnicodeErrors from it anymore if you
  don't give an encoding option.

- Added a ``-P`` option to the command line mode which can be used
  to give options whose values contain commas or equals signs.

- Added 256-color terminal formatter.

- Added an experimental SVG formatter.

- Added the ``lineanchors`` option to the HTML formatter, thanks to
  Ian Charnas for the idea.

- Gave the line numbers table a CSS class in the HTML formatter.

- Added a Vim 7-like style.

I want to express my gratitude to all contributors who helped to build this
impressive feature list for 0.9. Thanks!

Cheers,
Georg