ANN: yolk 0.4.1
rob at cakebread.info
Mon Aug 11 20:55:46 CEST 2008
yolk 0.4.1 has been released. This is mainly a bugfix release.
* Added HTTP proxy support for XML-RPC
* -f is now case-insensitive
* -S does not return the entire PyPI index if a package doesn't exist
(this was fixed upstream in PyPI)
* Check for integer with -L
What is yolk?
yolk is a command-line client and library for querying installed Python
packages on your system and packages in The Python Package Index (PyPI).
* List installed Python packages (all, active, non-active, develpment
* Show which installed packages have updates available on PyPI
* Show all metadata for a package or individual fields, installed or
* Show just URLs for source, egg or repository (SVN etc.)
* Show setuptools entrypoints for a module
* All commands available through PyPI's XML-RPC interface
yolk uses a setuptools-based plugin system.
* yolk-portage - Shows which packages were installed via Gentoo
Linux's package manager and which were installed directly via
Applications based on yolklib
* g-pypi - Creates ebuilds for Gentoo Linux by querying PyPI
* qyolk - GUI for yolk in QT
More information about the Python-announce-list