Resolver One 1.2

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Tue Aug 19 14:43:35 CEST 2008

We are proud to announce the release of Resolver One, version 1.2 -
the largest IronPython application in the world, we think, at 38,000
lines of production code backed up by 150,000 lines of unit and
functional tests.

Resolver One is a Rapid Application Development tool for analysing and
presenting business data, using a familiar spreadsheet interface
combined with a powerful IronPython-based scripting capability that
allows you to insert your own code directly into the recalculation
loop.

For version 1.2, we have on big headline feature; a new function
called
RunWorkbook that allows you to "call" one spreadsheet from another,
passing in parameters and pulling out results - just like functions,
but
without having to code the function by hand.  This allows you to mix
spreadsheet-based and code-based logic, using the best paradigm for
the job in hand.

We've also added a whole bunch of usability enhancements - the full
(long!) changelist is up on our website, or you can see a screencast:
 <http://www.resolversystems.com/screencasts/release-1.2>

It's free for non-commercial use, so if you would like to take a
look,
you can download it from our website:
<http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/> (registration no longer
required).

Best regards,

Giles
--
Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

Try out Resolver One! <http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/>

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79 Registered in England and Wales as company
number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK