holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Aug 22 13:03:45 CEST 2008
Welcome to the 0.9.2 py lib and py.test release -
mainly fixing Windows issues, providing better
packaging and integration with setuptools.
Summry of main features:
* py.test: cross-project testing tool with many advanced features
* py.execnet: ad-hoc code distribution to SSH, Socket and local sub processes
* py.magic.greenlet: micro-threads on standard CPython ("stackless-light")
* py.path: path abstractions over local and subversion files
* rich documentation of py's exported API
* tested against Linux, Win32, OSX, works on python 2.3-2.6
good entry points:
Pypi pages: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/py/
the CHANGELOG excerpt for the 0.9.1 -> 0.9.2 transition:
* refined installation and metadata, created new setup.py,
now based on setuptools/ez_setup (thanks to Ralf Schmitt
for his support).
* improved the way of making py.* scripts available in
windows environments, they are now added to the
Scripts directory as ".cmd" files.
* py.path.svnwc.status() now is more complete and
uses xml output from the 'svn' command if available
* fix for py.path.svn* to work with svn 1.5
* fix path.relto(otherpath) method on windows to
use normcase for checking if a path is relative.
* py.test's traceback is better parseable from editors
(follows the filenames:LINENO: MSG convention)
(thanks to Osmo Salomaa)
should work more reliably now
* removed previously accidentally added
py.test.broken and py.test.notimplemented helpers.
* there now is a py.__version__ attribute
best and have fun,
collaborative expert contracting: http://merlinux.eu
PyPy Python/Compiler tool chain: http://codespeak.net/pypy
pylib py.test/greenlets/svn APIs: http://pylib.org
More information about the Python-announce-list