ANN: eGenix mxODBC Connect - Python Database Interface 1.0.0

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at
Tue Dec 2 11:10:50 CET 2008

           mxODBC Connect

                    Python Database Interface

                         Version 1.0.0

  Our new client-server product for connecting Python applications
         to relational databases - from all major platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The mxODBC Connect Database Interface for Python allows users to
easily connect Python applications to all major databases on the
market today in a highly portable and convenient way.

Unlike our mxODBC Python extension, mxODBC Connect is designed
as client-server application, so you no longer need to find production
quality ODBC drivers for all the platforms you target with your Python

Instead you use an easy to install Python client library which
connects directly to the mxODBC Connect database server over the

This makes mxODBC Connect the ideal basis for writing cross-platform
database programs and utilities in Python, especially if you run
applications that need to communicate with databases such as MS SQL
Server and MS Access, Oracle Database, IBM DB2 and Informix, Sybase
ASE and Sybase Anywhere, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP MaxDB and many more,
that run on Windows or Linux machines.

By removing the need to install and configure ODBC drivers on the
client side, mxODBC Connect greatly simplifies setup and
configuration of database driven client applications, while at
the same time making the network communication between client and
database server more efficient and more secure.

For more information, please see the product page:

mxODBC Connect 1.0.0 is the first general availability release of our
new mxODBC Connect product.

With this release we have further improved the performance and
round-trip times of the mxODBC Connect network layer even more.

We are now able to achieve a *more than 10 times better performance*
for a typical multi-tier application that runs on Linux and connects
to a MS SQL Server database running on a Windows host, compared to the
same application using mxODBC and the FreeTDS ODBC driver.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the public beta !

The download archives as well as instructions for installation and
configuration of the product can be found on the product page:

Evaluation licenses for the server part are available free of

The client part of mxODBC Connect is always free of charge.

Commercial support for this product is available from

Please see

for details about our support offerings.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 02 2008)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...
2008-12-02: Released mxODBC.Connect 1.0.0

:::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,MacOSX for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48