ANN: Resolver One Spreadsheet Challenge - win $17000

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:27:07 CET 2008

Resolver One is the Python powered spreadsheet created by Resolver
Systems.

Resolver One is a highly programmable spreadsheet program built with
IronPython. It is capable of creating powerful spreadsheet systems,
but is easy to program with Python and .NET libraries.

We’re convinced that Resolver One allows people to create astonishing
things that simply aren’t possible in a traditional spreadsheet
environment. And we want to prove it. Enter the Resolver One
Spreadsheet Challenge:

http://www.resolversystems.com/competition/

The Resolver One Challenge

We're so confident about the revolutionary potential of Resolver One
that we've set up the $25,000 Resolver One Challenge. Every month
between now and May, we will be giving away $2,000 for the best
spreadsheet we receive. And in late May, we'll be handing over $15,000
for the best of the best.
Let your imagination run wild

Build a blogging engine directly in Resolver One. Hook Resolver One up
to existing .NET or Python libraries in unusual ways. Build the game
of life, or a Mandelbrot viewer directly into the grid. Get Infocom
adventure games running inside a spreadsheet; or for that matter, have
a conversation with Eliza. Make a music player that does
visualisations in the cells.
Or something more businesslike?

Use the sophisticated web integration to pull of stock prices, or
integrate your spreadsheet with Google Maps. (Perhaps you could build
a spreadsheet that plots a map, showing in which part of the country
stock or house prices are rising or falling the most.) Build an
election predictor (and use a combination of Monte Carlo analysis and
the web front end to make it really special).

In other words: Resolver One gives you the tools, you just need to use
your imagination, and your Python and spreadsheet skills!

Resolver One is free to try and for non-commercial and Open Source
uses. You can download it from:

http://www.resolversystems.com/download/

To get you started with Resolver One we have a new tutorial. It takes
you through all the major features, with examples to try:

http://www.resolversystems.com/documentation/index.php/Tutorial.html

Michael Foord
Software Developer
Resolver Systems