[ANN] Python 2.5.2 released

"Martin v. Löwis" Martin.vonLoewis at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Feb 22 21:16:35 CET 2008

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.5.2 (FINAL).

This is the second bugfix release of Python 2.5. Python 2.5 is now in
bugfix-only mode; no new features are being added. According to the
release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since
Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter,
and improving its portability.

This is a production release of Python, and should be a painless
upgrade from 2.5.1 or 2.5. Since the release candidate, we have backed
out test cases that were incorrect on 64-bit systems, and fixed
another stability problem. See the release notes for more.

For more information on Python 2.5.2, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

   http://www.python.org/2.5.2/

Highlights of this new release include:

   Bug fixes. According to the release notes, at least 100 have been fixed.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.5) are available
from the Python 2.5 page, at

   http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html

Enjoy this release,
Martin

Martin v. Loewis
martin at v.loewis.de
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)