ActiveState Code (the new Python Cookbook) has been launched

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Fri Jul 25 19:11:07 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I happy to announce that ActiveState Code has been taken out of beta.
This is the new site replacing the ASPN Cookbooks -- in particular the
Python Cookbook.

   http://code.activestate.com/

The site was soft-launched two weeks ago, and I believe it is ready for
real use now. All old ASPN Cookbook links will now redirect to the new
site. All user and recipe ids have been maintained to make transition
easier. The old cookbook categories are now done with tags, links to the
category pages have been maintained via redirects. Details on the
category -> tag translation are here:
   http://code.activestate.com/aspnredir/categories/

Full details of the launch are here:
   http://trentm.com/blog/archives/2008/07/24/activestate-code-lauched/

But really it is more fun to just browse around.

Just Python recipes:
   http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/
I hadn't known that Raymond Hettinger had 4 of the top 5 voted recipes.

This is handy for seeing the most prolific authors:
   http://code.activestate.com/recipes/users/

Alex Martelli's recipes are always good reading:
   http://code.activestate.com/recipes/users/97991/

Personally, I hope tagging (http://code.activestate.com/recipes/tags/)
will enable things like:
- developing a set of examples for using "ctypes" (I struggled a lot
when getting going with ctypes)
- showing example usages of a lot of the modules in the stdlib. For
example, the logging module is capable of a *lot*, but more example
configurations would help me use it.

I welcome all feedback.

Cheers,
Trent