apycot 0.12.1 released
pierre-yves.david at logilab.fr
Wed Jun 18 12:16:35 CEST 2008
I am pleased to announce the 0.12.1 release of apycot.
What is apycot ?
This package is designed to run tests on a code repository on a
daily basis. It comes with a set of predefined tests, essentially for python
packages, and a set of predefined reports to display execution results.
However, it has been designed to be highly extensible, so you could write your
own tests or report using the Python language (i.e. this framework is NOT
limited to test Python code !).
What's new ?
Here is the main improvements since the 0.10.0
- critical checker failure does not lead to missing tests in
the final report.
- status of failed checks are more accurate and more precise trace is included in
- new limits on CPU usage, execution duration and memory usage can be set
to control resources used by tests. Tests interrupted for these limits are
reported in the final report.
Easy and flexible configuration
- new "includes" option in the MAIN section allows to split the
configuration in multiple files. Supporting glob pattern it's
now very simple to add and remove parts of a configuration
- new "includes-tests" statement replaces the old "tests=" clause. Supports
the glob pattern too, in order to easily select which tests to run.
- Test can now define which preprocessors they depends on when used as
dependency using the "preprocessors" option. <pp_name>_check_test is
- New checkers options are availables; check changelog for details.
* The old XML structure was replaced by lxml's ElementTree. It's now
simpler to write reporters
* The apycot script outputs have been improved, adding timestamp option,
highlighting Test output and suppressing number or unexpected line.
* various bugfixs
* apycot now requires python >= 2.4
More information about Logilab is available at http://www.logilab.fr/
For more Free Software check out http://www.logilab.org
More information about the Python-announce-list