SciPy Conference Updates

Travis Vaught travis at enthought.com
Sat Jun 28 01:04:23 CEST 2008

Greetings,

The SciPy Conference is not too far away.  I thought I'd summarize
some recent news about the conference in case some of you missed it:

- Accommodations (news!): We've negotiated a group rate with a nearby
Marriott hotel, for those that would like to take advantage of it.
The hotel has set up a web site for our event here:

http://cwp.marriott.com/laxot/scipyworkshop/

- Student Sponsorship: As you may have seen, the Python Software
Foundation has agreed to partner with Enthought to sponsor 10
students' travel, registration, and accommodation for the tutorials,
conference and (most importantly) sprints.  If you're in college or a
graduate program, please check out the details here:

http://conference.scipy.org/sponsoring

- Abstracts Submission Deadline Extended:  The review committee is
extending the deadline to Monday, June 30th.  Please see the Call for
Papers for instructions on abstract submission here:

http://conference.scipy.org/call_for_papers

Please drop me an email if you have any questions or comments.

Best,

Travis