ANN: PyAMF 0.2

Thijs Triemstra | Collab lists at collab.nl
Wed Mar 12 19:30:05 CET 2008

We released PyAMF 0.2, a lightweight library that allows Flash and
Python applications to communicate via Adobe's ActionScript Message
Format.
AMF3 and RemoteObject are supported in all the implemented Remoting
gateways, currently supported for Django, Twisted, Web2Py and WSGI.

This release comes with the following changes:

  - Encoding/decoding performance has been increased 2x for AMF0 and
upto 10x(!) for AMF3 (Ticket:198)
  - Logging is now possible in all the supported gateways (Ticket:173)
  - Python 2.3 support (Ticket:33)
  - Python 2.6 support (Ticket:222)
  - Made PyAMF distributable as zip-based Python Egg (Ticket:193)
  - Encoders/Decoders now check for __getstate__/__setstate__
respectively (Ticket:209)
  - A new preprocessor function that runs after authentication, but
before invoking the service method (Ticket:196)
  - authenticator can now be decorated with expose_request (Ticket:195)
  - Removed amfinfo console_script (Ticket:226)
  - Gateway import hack has now been removed - permanently (Ticket:224)

Check out the download page [1], installation instructions [2] and
examples [3].
Questions? First stop is the mailing list [4], but we also hang out on
[5].

Cheers,

- the PyAMF team

[1] http://pyamf.org/wiki/Download