Pygments 0.10 "Malzeug" released
georg at python.org
Tue May 6 19:06:49 CEST 2008
I've just uploaded the Pygments 0.10 packages to CheeseShop. Pygments is a
generic syntax highlighter written in Python.
Download it from <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pygments>, or look at the
demonstration at <http://pygments.org/demo>.
Highlights in this release are:
- Lexers added:
* Darcs patches
* Matlab sessions
* Python 3
* S, S-plus, R statistics languages
- Makefile lexer is now capable of handling BSD and GNU make syntax.
- In the LatexFormatter, the *commandprefix* option is now by default
'PY' instead of 'C', since the latter resulted in several collisions
with other packages. Also, the special meaning of the *arg* argument
to ``get_style_defs()`` was removed.
- Added ImageFormatter, to format code as PNG, JPG, GIF or BMP.
(Needs the Python Imaging Library.)
- Support doc comments in the PHP lexer.
- Handle format specifications in the Perl lexer.
- Fix function and interface name highlighting in the Java lexer.
- Fix at-rule handling in the CSS lexer.
- Handle KeyboardInterrupts gracefully in pygmentize.
- Added BlackWhiteStyle.
I want to express my gratitude to all contributors who helped to build this
impressive feature list for 0.10. Thanks!
More information about the Python-announce-list