[ANN] Release 0.70.0 of Task Coach
frank at niessink.com
Mon May 12 22:14:33 CEST 2008
I'm happy to announce release 0.69.2 of Task Coach. This release
contains small feature enhancements, more translations and several bug
fixes. Task Coach is now distributed under the GPLv3+.
* Allow for editing seconds in effort editor.
* The combobox in the effort detail editor always picked the first
task when multiple tasks had the same subject, effectively prohibiting
the user to move an effort record to another task with the same
* Reset invalid input in the priority field of the task editor to 0
instead of to the minimum priority (a large negative value).
* "View->Filter->Reset all filters" now also unchecks all categories.
* Task Coach now is packaged as a proper Debian package, thanks to
Stani Michiels. The Debian package installs a menu item for Task Coach
in the Applications/Office menu.
* Paths to file attachments may be relative.
* Monthly and yearly recurrence of tasks.
* Added and reorganized keyboard short cuts.
* Start tracking effort for any active task using the system tray icon
* Added a largely complete Ukranian translation thanks to Vitovt and
incomplete Finnish, Greek, Persian and Thai translations.
* Slightly higher preference window so all icons fit and no scrolling is needed.
* Task Coach now uses Subversion for version control. See
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=130831. This only affects you if
you want to develop or use Task Coach source code.
* Task Coach is now distributed under the GNU General Public License
version 3 or (at your option) any later version. This only affects you
if you want to distribute changed versions of Task Coach or want to
include source code from Task Coach in other software.
What is Task Coach?
Task Coach is a simple task manager that allows for hierarchical
tasks, i.e. tasks in tasks. Task Coach is open source (GPL) and is
developed using Python and wxPython. You can download Task Coach from:
In addition to the source distribution, packaged distributions are
available for Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux (Debian and RPM format).
Note that Task Coach is alpha software, meaning that it is wise to back
up your task file regularly, and especially when upgrading to a new release.
More information about the Python-announce-list