Ironclad v0.7 released (compiled CPython extensions on IronPython)

william@resolversystems.com fwereade at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:02:09 CET 2008

Hi all

I'm delighted to announce the release of Ironclad v0.7, which is now
available from http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/downloads/list . This
release is a major step forward:

* Runs transparently on vanilla IronPython 2.0RC2, without creating
extra PythonEngines or breaking .NET namespace imports
* Many numpy 1.2 tests (from the core, fft, lib, linalg and random
subpackages) now reliably pass (run "ipy numpytests.py" from the build
directory)
* Significant performance improvements (by several orders of magnitude
in some places :D)

So... if you want to use numpy (or other C extension modules) with
IronPython on Win32, please download it and try it out; I'm very keen
to hear your experiences, and to know which neglected features will be
most useful to you.

Cheers
William