ANN: Shed Skin 0.1.1

Mark Dufour mark.dufour at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:15:20 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have recently released version 0.1.1 of Shed Skin, an experimental
(restricted-)Python-to-C++ compiler.

This version comes with 5 new example programs (for a total of 35
examples, at over 10,000 lines in total). The most interesting new
example is Minilight (http://www.hxa.name/minilight/), a global
illumination renderer (or raytracer), that uses triangle primitives
and an octree spatial index. According to the Minilight homepage, it
becomes up to 100 times faster. Another interesting new example is
Peter Norvig's sudoku solver (http://norvig.com/sudoku.html), which
unfortunately doesn't become faster but is cool anyway.

Please see my blog for more information about the new release:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

The project homepage can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/shedskin/

As I don't get much help, please consider joining the project. See my
blog for some ideas on how to help out. More test cases and bug
reports would also be very welcome.

Thanks,
Mark Dufour.
--
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code"
- Ken Thompson