ANNOUNCE: pygame 1.9.0 released!
renesd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 06:57:20 CEST 2009
What's new (heaps of things since 1.8.1):
Summary of changes:
- many, many fixes and improvements. The largest amount of changes
has gone into this release than any other pygame release.
- bug fixes for backwards compatibility issues introduced in pygame
1.8.x series. old games like solarwolf and libraries like PGU work
- experimental camera webcam module (still in development).
- experimental midi module based on portmidi and pyportmidi (99%
- experimental gfxdraw module based on SDL_gfx (including AA
circles, textured polygons and other goodness).
- python3, and python3.1 support mostly completed. Some modules
still remain to be completed - but mostly it's working.
- nokia mobile phone s60 support.
- improved OSX support (dropped pyobjc dependency, improved
installer, sysfont now works on OSX).
- pygame.examples + pygame.tests included with pygame. This makes
testing easier, and also makes learning pygame more fun and easy.
- cleanup of examples, and addition of new examples.
- new tools to aid in development of pygame itself, better
- py2app, and py2exe support improved.
Files are up on the download page http://www.pygame.org/downloads.shtml
More information about the Python-announce-list