gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Aug 2 16:02:36 CEST 2009
What is PyQwt ( http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net ) ?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library which
extends the Qt framework with widgets for scientific and engineering
applications. It provides a 2-dimensional plotting widget and
various widgets to display and control bounded or unbounded floating
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, Qwt, and optionally NumPy or SciPy
in a GUI Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, Mac OS X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
- it plots fast: fairly good hardware allows a rate of 100,000
points/second. (PyQwt with Qt-3 is faster than with Qt-4).
- it is licensed under the GPL with an exception to allow dynamic
linking with non-free releases of Qt and PyQt.
The most important new features of PyQwt v5.2.0 are:
- support for Qwt v5.2.0
- support for PyQt4 upto v4.5.4, PyQt3 upto v3.18.1, and SIP upto
- switch to documentation generated by Sphinx.
- provide a normal qwt plugin for the pyuic4 user interface compiler
instead of the anormal qwt plugin included in PyQt.
The most important bug fixes in PyQwt-5.2.0 are:
- fixed crashes in the QImage-array conversion functions.
- fixed three transfer of ownership bugs.
1. Python v2.6.x and v2.5.x.
2. PyQt v3.18.1 downto v3.17.5.
3 PyQt v4.5.x, v4.4.x.
4 SIP v4.8.x downto v4.7.3.
5. Qt v3.3.x.
6. Qt v4.5.x, v4.4.x, and v4.3.x.
7. Qwt v5.2.x, v5.1.x, and v5.0.x.
8. Recent versions of NumPy, numarray, and/or Numeric.
Enjoy -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Python-announce-list