ANNOUNCE: AwstatsReader 0.01

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at azariah.com
Mon Aug 3 05:18:43 CEST 2009

ABOUT THE MODULE
================
AwstatsReader is an attempt at a pythonic interface to AWStats data
cache
files.  Using it, you can access year, month, and individual data points
via dictionary-like accessors.

Download here: http://azariah.com/open_source.html

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
================
Joshua Kugler (joshua at azariah.com) is a programmer and system
administrator
with over 10 years of industry experience.  He is currently looking for
job.  Happen to have one you could offer him? :)
Resume at: http://jjncj.com/papers/KuglerAll.pdf

DISCLAIMER
==========
This is a "release early, release often" release, codnamed Joshua-hopes-
somebody-downloads-this-and-likes-code-quality-and-hires-him.

This is an early release...probably pre-alpha.  There are no tests yet
(haven't
generated cache files I can release publically), not much documentation,
and the interface may change (but I hope not too much).

And I haven't even put this in a public repository, as the name might
(but
probably won't) change.

I wrote this via examples from an AWStats cache file, so I'm sure there
are
sections for which I do not have definitions.  If you would send me
those
sections, I'll be sure to add them.

The error handling is probably a little light.  Certainly could be
improved.

Right now, this will parse and display cache files from AWStats 6.5.
I've
not
tested other versions yet, as 6.5 is the only version I've had access to
so
far.

INSTALLATION
============
See INSTALL

LICENSE
=======
See COPYING

EXAMPLE
=======
import AwstatsReader

obj  =
AwstatsReader.AwstatsReader('/path/to/awstats_logs', 'example.com')

print obj[2007]
print obj[2008][6]
m = obj[2009][7]
print m['general']
# Access like a dictionary...
print m['general']['LastLine']
#...or like an object attribute
print m['general'].LastLine
print m.general.LastLine

FEEDBACK
========
Please send questions/comments/suggestions to awstatsreader at azariah.com
For now, you can find the latest version here:
http://azariah.com/open_source.html