ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.9.0-0.9.8k now also in .egg format

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at
Tue Aug 4 21:58:47 CEST 2009

          pyOpenSSL Distribution

                          Version 0.9.0-0.9.8k

             An easy to install and use repackaged distribution
               of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL -
              available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:

The pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to
get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer
that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled

pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (
that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as
certificate management tools.

OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol

For more information, please see the product page:

Due to popular demand, we've added .egg file versions for Windows
and Linux to the available download options. This should make things
easier for people using e.g. zc.buildout and other egg-file based

As always, binaries include both pyOpenSSL and the necessary OpenSSL

The download archives and instructions for installing the package can
be found at:

Before installing this version of pyOpenSSL, please make sure that
you uninstall any previously installed pyOpenSSL version. Otherwise,
you could end up not using the included OpenSSL libs.

Commercial support for these packages is available from
Please see

for details about our support offerings.

Marc-Andre Lemburg

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 04 2009)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...

::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! :::: Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48