PyCon 2010 - Call for Tutorials

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:28:40 CEST 2009

The period to submit proposals for PyCon 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia (USA) is
now open and will close on October 18.  Tutorials are 3-hour long classes on
a specific Python technique, package or technology and are taught by members
of the Python community.  If you have knowledge in a particular topic and
would like to be considered to teach a class we invite you to submit a
proposal outlining the material you would like to cover.  Once we receive
your proposal, we will "score" it based on content and then select 24
classes (subject to change) for presentation.

Class instructors will be paid $1000.00 per class.  If a class has more than
one teacher, the fee will be split between them.

Interested?  Click on over to the Tutorial Proposal
Page<http://us.pycon.org/2010/tutorials/proposals/>to see more
details, examples of classes that have been requested in the
past (though you are free to submit a proposal on anything Python), an
example proposal and an empty template to help you prepare your own
proposal.  Once complete, email your proposal to
pycon-tutorials at python.orgso we can get it out to the evaluation
committee and get you on your way to
being a PyCon

Questions?  You can contact us at the PyCon Email
List<pycon-tutorials at python.org>and we will get back with you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Greg Lindstrom
Tutorial Coordinator