Elisa Media Center 0.5.29 Release

Guillaume Emont guillaume at fluendo.com
Mon Feb 23 20:35:08 CET 2009

Dear Python hackers and lovers,

The Elisa team is happy to announce the release of Elisa Media Center
0.5.29, code-named "Eleanor Rigby".

Elisa is an open source cross-platform media center connecting the
Internet to an all-in-one media player. It is written in python using
twisted, gstreamer and pigment among others, and runs on GNU/Linux and
Microsft Windows (XP and above). More information can be found at

This release is a "light weight" release, which means it is supposed to
be pushed to the users through our automatic plugin update system. That
is why there is no new Elisa installer nor any new packages from our side: use
the existing ones for 0.5.27; with the default configuration, they should upgrade
automatically to 0.5.29, asking you to restart Elisa when everything is
Tarballs are provided for packagers who want to disable the automatic plugin
update system on their distribution, so that they can make new packages for
their users to be able to update (I strongly advise that, the new video section
is worth it).

A complete list of the issues fixed can be found at:

This is also summarised in the (attached) release notes.

Installers and sources can be downloaded from

Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at

Have a media-centered evening,

Guillaume, for the Elisa team