ANN: KeepNote 0.5.3 - Note taking and organization

rasmus matt.rasmus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:29:08 CEST 2009

KeepNote is a simple cross-platform note taking program implemented
in Python.  I have been using it for my research and class notes, but
it
should be applicable to many note taking situations.

KeepNote is ideal for storing your class notes, TODO lists, research
notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook
hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text
search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.

KeepNote is designed to be cross-platform (runs on Windows, Linux, and
MacOS X, implemented in Python and PyGTK) and stores your notes in
simple and easy to manipulate file formats (HTML and XML). Archiving
and transferring your notes is as easy as zipping or copying a
folder.  KeepNote is licensed under GPL.

KeepNote 0.5.3 has the following features:

    * Rich-text formatting
      * Bullet point lists
      * Colored font
      * Inline images
      * hyperlinks
    * Hierarchical organization for notes
    * File attachments
    * Full-text search
    * Integrated screenshot
    * Extension framework
    * Spell checking (via gtkspell)
    * Auto-saving
    * Built-in backup and restore (archive to zip files)
    * Cross-platform (Linux, Windows, MacOS X)

Web site and download:
http://rasm.ods.org/keepnote

Documentation:
http://rasm.ods.org/keepnote/manual.shtml