Jython 2.5 beta 2 Released

Frank Wierzbicki fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:50:59 CET 2009

On behalf of the Jython development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Jython 2.5b2 is available for download here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jython/jython_installer-2.5b2.jar.
See http://www.jython.org/Project/installation.html for installation
instructions.

Unless a severe bug is found, this will be the last beta before we
start putting out release candidates.  The modjy project has been
pushed into the core, there have been many bugfixes.  I attempted to
get all of the bugfixes out of the tracker and into the NEWS file.
Hopefully we can get more disciplined about change logs in the future.

Note: if you have been running Jython with --verify, we have removed
that option and defaulted to that classpath behavior.  We now have a
--boot option for the previous 2.5 classpath behavior (jython.jar gets
loaded into the boot classpath).  If you don't know what I'm talking
about, then you probably don't need to worry about it :)

This is a beta release so be careful.

-Frank